Walter's work featured in a Guardian article 12 September 2012: "Walter Kershaw: 'Britain's first graffiti artist'. His 'house tattoos' brought explosions of colour to northern streets in the 1970s. He was rewarded with tea and butties"
- 'Terra Firma' series on BBC2, 1976; ½ hour documentary commissioned by BBC2 for Walter Kershaw to paint a mural on a gable end. Location: Derby Street, Rochdale
- 'The First Graffiti Artist', 1976; ½ hour documentary with fantasy interludes, on early murals. Produced and directed by Ian Potts, at that time a film student at Regent Street Polytechnic in London. Ian Potts now works in the Historical Film Department at the BBC in London. The film won best student film category at the Cannes Film Festival. Copies available from NW Film Archives in Manchester.
- 'City of Norwich' murals shown 12 February, 1987; as part of the 'Folio' series by Anglia TV, directed by Michael Edwardes. ½ hour programme with Walter's friend Ian Starsmore
- Invited guest of Janet Street Porter in the mid-70s when she was a presenter for London Weekend TV.
- Invited guest on the late Russell Harty's BBC2 TV show 1983 from Manchester.
- Film video by Cartyle Video London shown on West German TV 1985.
- Rede Globo - National Brazilian TV, 1983
- Bosnian National TV as part of the Sarajevo Arts Festival, February 1996.
Radio & TV
- Appeared on 'The One Show', 12 February 2013.
- Radio 4, half hour profile - available on iPlayer: Walter Kershaw: the UK's first street artist?
- Invited guest of Sue McGregor on her 'Conversation Piece' series for BBC Radio 4 in late 1983; ½ hour show.
Murals feature in:
- Painting the Town, by Graham Cooper and Doug Sargent, 1979, Phaidon, ISBN: 07148 1979 4
- L'Art Publique by Jacques Damas (editor) and Francoise Chatel, Atelier D'a-Caen, 1982
- A Northern School: Lancashire Artists of the Twentieth Century, by Peter Davies, 1989, Redcliffe Press Ltd, ISBN: 0948265 736
- Trades and Industries of Norwich, by John Taylor and Joyce Gurney-Read, 1988, Gliddon Books, ISBN: 0947 893 09 1
- A Minstrel and the Amazon by John Harwood, 2007, Grafisa Edition - Manaus ISBN: 978 85 99122-03-7
- Triangle de John , e-book written by Dr John McCarthy. Published by iTunes December 2013.